Friday, August 2, 2013

FUN FACT FRIDAY!

You GUYS! I woke up this morning in a kind of "FUN FACTS!" mood - it could have largely been influenced by husband leaving his bus money behind and me having to throw pounds at him from the second floor window:

"Wow! This is SO much fun!! We should do this every day!"

So anyway I decided to gather up some FUN FACTS! for you for this FESTIVE FRIDAY!

If you like it - let me know and who knows - maybe I will start doing it as a regular feature. 
Here goes:

 photo funfact1_zpsc870a552.jpg
 photo funfact2_zpsd36b2b67.jpg

* * * * * * 

 photo funfact6_zps970b805a.jpg
Also - A giraffe can clean it's ears with it's 21 inch long tongue.

* * * * * * *

 photo funfact3_zpse956e08c.jpg
You're welcome.


* * * * * * * *
 photo funfact4_zps92149e57.jpg
This came up on my MacBook - and I actually stopped my workout to get up and read what it was because SCHLOCKMEISTER is definitely a word I wanna throw into a sentence somehow.

* * * * * * *


 photo funfact5_zpsa526e998.jpg
This is why they are on the Australian Coat of Arms.
"Forward Ho!" - Australians.

* * * * * * * *
 photo funfact8_zpscc54a7c9.jpg
Yep, am definitely still thinking about the Blogcademy Scholarship thing.

Side Note: Thanks so much for all your tweeting support y'all!
You're the greatest bunch of strangers I've never met!
*sniffs*


 photo funfact7_zps9c0bcaef.jpg

I know, right?!

* * * * * * * *

 photo funfact14_zps9998c8f5.jpg
WHAT?! New workout!

Also - I learnt on twitter yesterday that:

"You burn more kilojoules making 500ml breastmilk than you do fast walking for an HOUR."

That's it.
Am getting me one of those baby-things.

* * * * * * *


  photo funfact13_zps99b01afd.jpg
that word makes me LOL.
ok - 
totes not ready for a baby, then.

* * * * * *


 photo funfact12_zps6a16c642.jpg

"What's up Doc?"
"Carrot allergy, actually."

* * * * * *
 photo funfact9_zpsf559f6d5.jpg
you can go ahead and type it.

Also - the "modern" qwerty keyboard was first invented to slow down the speed of typing, when those little typewriter arms used to get jammed from people typing too fast.

* * * * * * 

 photo funfact11_zps8c24f28b.jpg

That's why I never brush my hair.
I like to keep the intelligence in.


* * * * * *


 photo funfact10_zpsa21e470d.jpg

You're totally gonna try that next time.
Think of me.

These FUN FACTS! Were gathered from a variety of sources/friends/MacBooks/the internet - 
so you can take them all with a pinch of salt - 

Which - in the early 1800s was 4 times as expensive as beef on the frontier - 
because it was essential in keeping people and livestock alive.


HAPPY FRIDAY!

24 comments :

Megs H said...

I (heart) random, fun and interesting facts :) Do you know that tiger's have striped skin, not just striped fur! Also the names of the continents all end with the same letter with which they start. And my favourite....drum roll please.....right-handed people live, on average, 9 years longer than left-handed people do. Happy Friday to you too :) Much love xxxx

Claudz said...

I loved this post! Learnt some useless things. So going to put a raisin in my bubbly soon.
Have a wonderful weekend

GeeGee said...

I dont drink champagne and the bottle at home is now going to be repurposed!

1. Loo roll was first advertised as being splinter-free in 1930
2.Goats milk is the most-widely used type of milk
3. I'm not a fan of that left-handed people/right handed people life assessment-worrying!

Tamzin Nel said...

This is awesome! Should definitely be a regular feature :)

Che Kershaw said...

yay! and i had so much fun finding them! FUN FACT FRIDAY!!

Che Kershaw said...

those are GREAT. i shall feature them in next week's edition!
also - you don't drink champagne?

what?

Che Kershaw said...

useless things for the win.

Che Kershaw said...

am DEFINITELY going to check out those stripes the next time I skin a tiger.
Happy Friday!

Claire Durell said...

Best Friday procrastination distraction and boredom aid! Love!

Che Kershaw said...

you're welcome.
:P

Caley said...

These are HYSTERICAL Che!!! So, definitely chucking my raisin into my champers, the a in thousand is incredible, wow!! As for the breastmilk, babies drink around 60-90mls at a time (even 30ml for a newborn) so it is going to take a lot longer than hour to get rid of those calories!! (from the mom who lost NO weight from breast-feeding. dammit.)

Princessnoo said...

Brilliant - had such a good giggle :) Please do more... xx

Mariska said...

Yes yes yes do more do more!
;) Loved it!

Johlet said...

Very interesting! Thank you!

Sarah said...

Best post in ages - love it xxxxx

Bumbleboo said...

Hey Che. I love this, i definitely think you should make it a regular thing. I want to start a feature on my new blog where we show 'a day in the life of' people all over the world. Maybe you or some of your readers would be interested?DO you notice anything different now that you live in the UK?

http://abumblebooblog.blogspot.com/2013/08/a-day-in-life-of.html

Rhianne said...

I will take that champagne G!

Rhianne said...

its ok, she has me to drink it for/with her - problem solved :)

Rhianne said...

All I can think is, what the hell happens to that cotton wool after its been eaten? Yuck!!

Che Kershaw said...

i will also drink it for her. call me.

Che Kershaw said...

no. don't go there.

Che Kershaw said...

let me know if you have a list of questions or something - you are welcome to email me -(my contact details are on the blog) and I will mail you when I get a gap :)

Rhianne said...

:) will do. you bring the raisins!

GeeGee said...

you guys are weird - it's all bubbly and the aftertaste is bleurgh! Che, you're kinda far for the wedding and kiiiiinda close for the reception, but I'm pretty sure Rhianne will get there first.